Saturday, 23 June 2012

Chicken in a Tomato Smoked Paprika Sauce and Rice


The night I made this dish was a night I had chicken in the fridge that needed using up and I fancied something tomatoey that my little boy would also eat.  Here is the outcome....


I sweated onions on a low heat and added garlic.  Then I added diced chicken breast and cooked for a bit longer.  Squirted in some tomatoe puree, 2 teaspoons on smoked paprika, sprinkle or normal paprika and a dash of parsley.  Added 2 cartons of chopped tomatoes, tin of sweetcorn and a handful of petite pois and simmered for about 40 minutes with some black pepper seasoning.  Meanwhile I made two batches of rice.  The first just normal, the second mixed with turmeric so it went yellow.

Hubbie was away for the weekend, so his aunt and uncle popped by to keep me company and we all sat down with toddler penguin and polished off the lot !  He even continued to finish all the rice !

No comments:

Post a Comment