Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Tuesdays - Budget days

Tuesday evenings I budget !

I have a very complex spreadsheet which records our incomings and outgoings.  We budget for everything !  We save monthly into a about 6 accounts; birthdays, christmas; holidays; weddings; car and buildings insurance.  Am I boring you yet !  I've made a list of all the birthday and christmas presents we would buy throughout the year....total it up, divide by 12 and tada thats what we save a month.  The car account is probably the most helpful as we plan for MOT, Tax, Service so we we are never caught short with hefty bills.

We budget £500 a month for food and petrol.  If we have to take a couple of long trips in a month then we eat less those weeks !  Don't worry I don't starve our family but I do dread the day when toddler penguin isn't eating fistful size portions but portion sizes like his daddy !  I meal plan online mainly using sainsburys unless Ocado send me a nice looking coupon and I try and keep to £75 a week.  We generally only put £40 a time in the car unless we are going on a long trip.  Call us sad and insane but its how we keep afloat.  Its so easy for both of us to over spend and with our incomings just covering our outgoings we have to be careful !

However in my past life (pre marriage and baby) I was a shopaholic !  I still am at times.  I remember I once went to look for a job and it rained.  I ended up in a shopping centre spending about £400 on clothes.  I got back home and hid the clothes from my housemate I felt so guilty !

So I will blog my Tuesday's and bore you all with my spending habits.  Mainly to keep a record for myself!  My name is Lara and I'm a shopaholic and I haven't spent a penny in.........

1 comment:

  1. I don't know where she gets it from!!!
    My name is Christine and I'm a ........

    ReplyDelete