Friday, 6 July 2012

Follow the yellow brick road

Bit late for this post but I've been singing "we're off to see the wizard" in my head all week following a trip to the London Palladium last weekend.

Myself and my fab friend got a deal on Dress Circle tickets for Sunday's matinee performance and not only was it a trip down memory lane but it was also a fantastic show !

When I was 9 years old my school auditioned to be part of the choir in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat held at the London Palladium and we got through.  We did approx 150 performances, firstly doing Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday's matinee and evening then swapping to Thursdays, Fridays. Saturdays matinee and evening.  It was a once in a life time experience and I loved every minute of it.  We attended school for half the week.  Did homework on the coach and in our dressing rooms at weekends.  We were evening let into Hamleys one evening - just us - had the place to ourselves and it was amazing !

So roll on 21 years and I'm back in the London Palladium, having seen maybe 3 shows there since and it is definiately smaller than I remember but still very grand with lots of history.

I thoroughly enjoyed Wizard of Oz.  We had Sophie Evans as Dorothy who came second in Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's Over the Rainbow search and who also was my favourite to win.  Our seats were quite good, nice view of everything but it is always nice to be closer. The stage design was really good and they used the turn table prob which I remember sitting on and going round the stage in Joseph.

I think Toto deserves his own paragraph of praise !  What an adorable little dog and soooo well behanved !  Fantastic actor of a dog and I think they should give him an award !

No comments:

Post a Comment