Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Lakeland Duo Colour Icing Kit

I finally went out and bought the Lakeland Duo Colour Icing Kit.  I'd had my eye on it for a few weeks and happened to walk past Lakeland and couldn't resist treating myself. I bought it at the weekend but only got round to making some cupcakes yesterday.  I waited till papa penguin got home to look after toddler penguin and off they went out into the garden and out came the butter and icing sugar.....

photo courtesy of lakeland.co.uk
I had already made chocolate cupcakes at the request of papa penguin so decided to team them with chocolate and orange icing.  I whipped up a batch of buttercream, put half in another bowl.  Added cocoa powder to one and orange essence and red and yellow food colouring to the other.

I got the nozzles on with no problem, just a few snips of the plastic piping bags but putting the icing into the bags was more of an issue.  I think I put too much orange in one side first as there was then no room to put the chocolate one in.  I squeezed some orange which made room and then got piping...

My chocolate icing was quite moussie probably from over whipping and I was taking so much time piping each gem out that my hands were getting hot and started to melt the icing but apart from that it was good fun trying out lots of different decorations.



Disclaimer: This is my own personal review. Lakeland have had no involvement apart from providing the store that I went and purchased this product from!

No comments:

Post a Comment