Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Money money money

"Money makes the world go around
The world go around
The world go around
Money makes the world go around
It makes the world go 'round"


Today I received an email from work about my redundancy money and what I'm getting and I have to say I'm a little excited!

My last pay cheque will be this month and then we would just have hubbies salary to live off.  However being made redundant but still within 13 weeks of giving birth I'm entitled to all my maternity pay up front.  We've looked into our budget and living off papa penguin's salary puts us a couple of hundred short each month.  So I have to give myself an monthly allowance out of my maternity pay for a year and can save the rest of my redundancy money.

I think we are going to look for a new car that although will have an initial cost the monthly bills will be less.  It costs us about £300 a month to run our BMW estate.  Its 10 years old and done about 150,000 miles and insurance and tax are just bloody expensive. So if we can get a car that is cheaper to run monthly then my maternity pay will stretch even further.

In the meantime papa penguin needs to get a good pay rise or I'm going to have to look for another job in a year that works around 2 kids with no need for childcare !

No comments:

Post a Comment