Thursday, 6 September 2012

Reasons 2b Cheerful



Once again its been tough thinking of Reasons 2b Cheerful, this week beginning with O.

Organisation is a big part of my life.  I meal plan, I have an app to help me keep on track of housework and I budget for everything. I like to plan weekends in advance and I hate waking up in the morning without knowing what I'm going to do that day. I'm sure my friends think I'm a nutcase with my apps and my online calendar but without it I'd be lost.

Yesterday my plans to see my antenatal friends were cancelled and I was left thinking oh crap today could go really badly unless I get out the house.  I actually had a really enjoyable day in the end.  I got 2 wash loads done in the morning, took toddler penguin swimming which he absolutely loved.  Fair enough he didn't really swim, just paddled and wanted to jump in lots but it was great seeing him have so much fun considering 6 months ago he hated it.  I think the Peppa Pig Goes Swimming book that we read every night has helped loads and he couldn't wait to get his arm bands on.  During his amazing 2 hour nap I got lots of ironing done and then he woke up whilst I was cleaning the front porch which he willingly helped me with.  I have an iPad app called Home Routines and it was so nice checking off housework items.

In the afternoon I set up a huge BriO track and got on with making my first ever lasange which turned out a success. Toddler penguin played trains for about an hour with me popping to help ever 10 mins.  Papa penguin was home from work early and we all ate together which was nice and then all played trains.  Having eaten dinner early and with toddler penguin in bed I just had to tidy up and so was on the sofa relaxing by 745pm where I spent the next 2 hours doing cross stitch and watching The Great British Bake Off.  I won't mention the huge Mr Skinny Legs that almost runing my evening !

15 comments:

  1. Sometimes cancelled plans result in wonderful days! What is your housework app- I'm intrigued! x

    Found via the link up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its my bible ! Ha ha - check it out here http://www.homeroutines.com/ I a really good way of keeping on top of off your housework and daily tasks! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm like you, I need a plan for each day, I hate waking up and being directionless! I love the sound of your housework app - having one of those might actually incentivise me to do some too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love checking my lists of as complete ! Saddo alert !

      Delete
  4. Aw I might have to check out that home routines thing - I also love to be organised :-)

    Found you through the linky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you thru the blog hop thingy lol.
    Great reasons to be cheerful! I really need to budget and meal plan, I never seem to be able to stick to it though lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really struggled budgeting at first as I was so used to being able to afford whatever I wanted - or I just used credit cards. Now I feel so much more relaxed knowing we aren't in debt !

      My mum can't meal plan - she doesn't understand how I can decided at the beginning of the week what I'm going to fancy by the end of the week !

      Delete
  6. Hey, that's an impressive track! Some times unplanned days do turn out great. YOur organization is impressive. I used to be like that now since being a mum its a bit how it hangs it swings although funnily enough this is the time for organization. I just don't have the will. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey I think once you've made the time to be organised you will actually have more time! Does that make sense? Take an afternoon when you can off load the kids and just plan everything then that way you will always know what you are up against !

      Delete
  7. I love being organised but it doesn't always work out, so I tend to plan as much as I can then just roll with whatever else comes my way! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a lovely day! I love setting up my son's Brio train track, but we can only do it when my daughter is napping or else she pulls it to bits! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed by both your track, and your organisation. I'm off to check out the Home Routines app in a bid to be more organised!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the simple things in life that make it enjoyable I think. Can't beat a good Brio track and train.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh I have a huge Mr Skinny Legs running around my lounge right now!

    I love that you are joining in wiht the letter theme. I need to stay away from that housework app, I'd love that! lol

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I love your blog, great work! I have a blog of my own please come and have a look, if you decide to follow me I’ll follow you back :) xx

    http://lifewithalipglosssmile.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete