Monday, 1 October 2012

Its all about Me !

The supermum over at Mama Owl tagged me in answering some questions....all about me ! So here goes....

When was the last time you cried?
I'm actually struggling to answer this question as there have been a few occurances in the last few weeks and pregnancy brains means I can't put them in order.  I'm a sucker for soppy endings and I cry at almost every episode of Private Practice.  I also cried at Wimbledon Station when I got there to find the lift not working.  I was just getting ready to get toddler penguin up the buggy and somehow carry him and my stair unfriendly buggy when a very nice man offered to help.  Then there was the incident with the HUGE spider!  I hate them soooo much and I hate the effect they have on me!

Are you named after anyone?
For those oldies out there - Dr Zhivago

Do you have any kids?
At the moment just the one - 2.5yr old toddler penguin.  Come approximately 3 weeks time there will be another addition to our family....boy.....girl....we don't know but can't wait !

If you were another person would you be a friend of yourself?
I woud like to think so!  I think I'm a lovely friend, though not always good at keeping in touch with people.  I like to think I'm caring, fun and always there to lend a shoulder!

Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Not really except when I was at work or to my husband !

Will you ever bungee jump?
I would love to have the guts to do this but I seriously think I would poop my pants in the aeroplane getting ready !  So no I will never ever EVER bungee jump !

What's your favourite cereal?
I love love love cereal and early stage of pregnancy was having it for breakfast, lunch and dinner !  When I worked part time I had one box at work of one type and one at home.  Now I'm home full time I have about 5 boxes on the go.  I love shreddies and apricot/blueberry/frosted wheats.  I also love bran flakes with a banana on my healthy days and I love sainsburys own brand of special K red berries as its dairy free (I have my cereal with rice milk).  I also love rice krispies every now and then - covered in sugar though !

What's the first thing you notice about people?
Probably their hair.  My hair is naturally a mess !  It dries crinkly at the roots and then dead straight.  If I don't dry my hair properly after washing it goes greasy.  I hate that I have to spend 20 minutes drying and straightening my hair after each hair wash (so I only wash it twice a week).  I wish I could just Wash n Go!  I always wonder how long people have spent doing their hair and if its as natural as it looks !

What is your eye colour?
Hazel with litle black spots - had to look in a mirror to check this !

Scary Movie or Happy Ending?
Definitely a Happy Ending !  I hate scary movies !  I don't like the tension that gets built up.  Give me a happy ending anyday.

Favourite Smells?
My son - with the exception of when his nappy needs changing !  Clean washing and fabric conditioner.  Bergamot essential oil and any shower gel that has it in.  I'm not a fan of fruity showers gels at all - I love citrus ones or my current fave is a rose one. Also love cool water on papa penguin !

Summer or Winter?
Can I go inbetween ?  If so Autumn.  If not I guess Winter.  I'm not a fan of the heat - but then I'm not fan of ice !  I love being able to hang washing out in the garden in the summer and I love summer clothes but I hate being hot.  Nothing like sitting on the sofa under a blanket with a cup of tea and the heating on in the winter.

Computer or Television?
Since we moved house and have the virgin TV in the front lounge which we only use in the evenings I watch so less TV than I used to.  Fair enough we have a dvd player in the kitchen/diner/playroom which is on a few times a day but I think I would have to say computer.  Well my mac and iPad in this instance !

What's the furthest you have been from home?
I've been to Singapore to visit friends a few times - once when I was 9 and again when I was 20.  I've also been to New York when I was 22.  This is all nearly 10 years ago but I don't fancy long distance travelling with a toddler right now !

Where were you born?
Essex baby !  Born and bred.....however now live in Surrey.

Do you have any special talents?
I don't think I have any at all.  Nothing comes to mind!  I could say baking fairy cakes but I can pick flaws in my icing so then maybe it isn't a special talent at all !

What are your hobbies?
Cooking, baking, cross stitch, shopping and now....blogging !

Do you have any pets?
Not at the moment.  We did have a goldfish for a few years that just would not die - we weren't trying to kill it at all but we were just surprised that it lasted 2 housemoves and 2 holidays one of which the neighbour didn't feed it.  I'd like to get toddler penguin a pet but I don't have the patience myself to look after it - the cleaning side of things or the walking.  One day we'll get a dog.

Favourite film?
I love Practical Magic.  I love the plot, the magic and the love story.  I also love a good Disney film.  Now I have a child I love sunday sofa time watching a disney flick.  We need to work on our stock though as there are so many to buy and we only have about 5.

Do you have any siblings?
Nope - only child syndrome here - was spoilt rotten as a kid.

Unfortunately I don't have anyone I can tag just yet......

No comments:

Post a Comment