Thursday, 25 October 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful


Continuing on from the letters R2BC I've decided to join U, V and W together...

Umbrellatoddler penguin got a thomas the tank engine big brother pressie from his great aunt and he loves it.  He puts it up and tells us its raining even when we are indoors.  Luckily I'm not too superstitious and don't mind when he puts it over my head telling me quick lets get dry.


Umbilical Cord - It fell off baby penguin this morning whilst papa penguin was changing her nappy. I missed it as I was I the shower. I also missed it when toddler penguin's fell off. Ho hum I'm glad I could provide her of all the required nutrients over the last nine months!

Vehicle - this week we bought a new car. It was depressing paying the outset money from my redundancy money but we've gone for a more eco friendly car which will lower our monthly costs. Its a Vauxhall Astra EcoFlex and its very basic but at least it has air con and a CD player !

Vests - I've just purchased some vests from M&S for toddler penguin so we can layer him up.  I got short sleeved ones to wear under long sleeved t-shirts and long sleeved ones to wear under t-shirts to make them last through the winter a bit more.  Plus I love the look of white long sleeves under his t-shirts.  I found that not only are these great value but they are super soft and wash really well.

Weekends - We're getting lots of visitors over the weekends to come and see our pink bundle of joy !  Think I'm going to appreciate weekends with papa penguin around a lot more once he goes back to work on Tuesday and I become a full time mummy of two.  Well almost full time - toddler penguin will still be at the childminders two days until Christmas.

9 comments:

  1. Aww lovely photo,really great reasons, have a lovely weekend, now following ur blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely reasons to be cheerful! Have a fab weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Db is only 14 mo and I still get cluckt about the early days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love this post, You reminded me of when my daughters cord came off, i remember changing her and thinking.. something missing? lol after hunting around her moses basket we found it lol.. (That was 9 years ago) :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwh congratulations on little Olivia! Gorgeous name. Glad Issac likes his big brother present as well x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on Olivia! What a lovely name. :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aawww bless...your baby looks so cute...Beautiful name xxx excellent reasons to be cheerful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh great to see someone still doing the letters, I sort of frazzled out! Massive congratulations on the birth of your little one and I love the idea of the long sleeved vests under t-shirts, must remember this.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete