Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Recipe Review - Bucatini Amatriciana

Another Good Food recipe - Bucatini Amatrician - which I have no idea how to pronounce.  We have only just finished this and I couldn't wait to write about it as it was YUMMY ! ! !   Papa penguin wants it again tomorrow hee hee !

It was soooo simple to make yet had so much flavour.  I've never had bucatini pasta before but it was like thick spaghetti with a long hole in the middle.  This could easily be made with spaghetti, linguine, tagliatelle or even pasta tubes.  

The recipe called for 3 rashers of bacon with fat off but I left it on and used about 6 rashers as we love bacon. It also wanted chilli flakes but I only had chilli powder in the cupboard.

I made way too much pasta but just as well as it really bulked it out which mean we could have seconds! 

This is definitely a fab last minute dinner as we always have bacon in the fridge and all the other ingredients are always stocked in out household !  Yum yum !

1 comment: