Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Tuesday.....

I can't believe my little pink bundle of joy is now a week old.  This week has flown by. I'm still getting to grips with breastfeeding, finding the initial latch toe curlingly painful but perservering. Baby penguin is putting on weight so thats the main thing. Night feeds aren't too bad, though papa penguin does nothing except sleep through it all.
Baby Penguin

Toddler penguin is being a great big brother.  We were prepared for more terrible twos but he's really been behaving himself and asking for lots of cuddles from baby penguin.  He has adapted really well with the new addition to our family and I'm super proud of him.
Brother and Sister cuddles

Today is also my fathers birthday.  He would be celebrating his 82nd birthday today but sadly passed away in 2005. I think of him every day, especially more so having just had another baby.  I wish he was still around to meet them and for them to meet their Grandad.
Me and my daddy

1 comment:

  1. oh your little girl is so beautiful, congratulations, I love the photo of her with her big brother.
    parents are always missed, especially when we have a baby that will never know them, hugs for the loss of your dad.

    ReplyDelete