Thursday, 8 November 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful


This has been my first week on my own with toddler penguin (2.5yrs old) and baby penguin (3weeks old) and it hasn't been as hard as I thought however last week my mum came to stay and I've been missing her loads. Not just the adult company but the help as well so mum if you are listening thank you so much for your help last week - I really appreciated it. Thanks for getting through my nasty ironing pile and hope the early mornings weren't too hard on you!

The funniest part of my mums visit was when I decided to leave her with a sleeping baby and a toddler that needed to be dressed whilst I showered! As I got out the shower I could hear baby screaming so I quickly got dressed and came downstairs to find toddler penguin in nothing but his socks running around the house doing the naked dance and mum cradling the baby! Turns out halfway through getting 
toddler penguin undressed, baby penguin started crying so toddler penguin continued to get himself completely undressed! Just as well he hadn't pooped in his nappy! Ahhh Grandmas......you've got to love them!

I must also write about how amazing my husband papa penguin is.....in fact I might write this every week! He will get up with 
toddler penguin at weekends whilst I lay in with baby penguin. He plays with toddler penguin, cuddles the baby, does the nappy changes, does bathtime and continues to put the rubbish out, hoover and will generally do anything else I ask. Fair enough he doesn't get up in the night but then baby penguin is exclusively breastfed and I can seem to function on less sleep than him. Plus he will watch them both if I have a nap at weekends. I have married an amazing man!

I am also really cheerful that I meal plan. I've meal planned ever since papa penguin and I moved in together. Everyday around 3pm he would call me at work and ask what was for dinner or what did we fancy. I hated being put on the spot and could never decide on anything. We would either eat really cheaply using store cupboard ingredients or a pop to the shops on the way home which meant accidentally spending about £20 a night or we'd get a takeaway. Now not only do I meal plan but it goes on a shared online calendar which gets sync'd to both our phones....and it's on my blog. Being a bit sleep deprived at the moment it's hard to work out what I want to eat so we've been meal planning together then doing the weekly online shop.


Finally although I haven't kept this week simple following on from Mummy From the Hearts picture post, this picture says it all for me this week.


10 comments:

  1. It's super to hear how helpful YOU hubby is. It's great to have lots of support and it sounds like your mum has been great too :)

    Lovely pic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So men CAN put the rubbish out - will have to tell MY hubby that! Lol. Glad you are coping with new day to day life of two babies. Meal planning is a fantastic idea, we always eat so much better when I make the effort to do that. LOVE the photo!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture! And excellent reasons - it sounds like you have lots of wonderful support. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww really cute photo, Meal planning sounds like a great idea something i should do more often. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute... Glad your getting loads of support xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Picture steals the show. Fab you are managing to blog wish such a new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was lovely! Sounds like you are coping really well with your newborn and toddler - thank goodness for the help from your mum and husband (what a star). The photo is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good hubby's are fab aren't they! And I love your picture x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love her face. Sounds like your mum and your man are wonderful x

    ReplyDelete