Thursday, 27 December 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful 2012


Looking back at 2012 I have a lot to be cheerful for.  

We moved into a house from a flat in January and it has come along way.  We've redecorated practically every single room, re-carpeted throughout and can finally say that it feels like home. 


In February I found out we were expecting another baby.  Even though it was very well planned we were over the moon! We also had our first snow living in the house....typically whilst our new windows were being fitted.


In March we had a shower fitted upstairs which meant no more running up and down the stairs semi naked in a towel.  I love showers, I think they were one of the worlds best inventions!

In April we celebrated toddler penguin's 2nd birthday we lots of family and friends who were also visiting us for the first time in our new house. He was very spoilt but had an amazing day.


In May we took toddler penguin to London Zoo which he loved.  We took him when he was younger but he was too young to understand all the animals and spent most if the time sleeping in the buggy.  In May we also had our 20 week scan which showed up a possible heart defect but a follow up scan gave us the all clear and we were so relieved to be having a healthy baby.

Wedding Bells in June rang for my mum and my now stepdad.  It was a fabulous day and I'm so happy for them both!

In July we had our annual holiday with our friends and this year it was the Lake District.  In fact we had so much fun we are going back there in 2013.

In August and 7 months pregnant I celebrated my 30th birthday with a little trip to Ping Pong Dim Sum  with my closest friends.  We also had a new kitchen installed which I am still in love with!

In September although I was made redundant it was a good thing as a good payout meant we could buy a new car and I could put some money by for the kids future and give myself a monthly allowance which means I won't need to work for just over a year.

In October I gave birth to our beautiful baby girl.

In November we celebrated the father in laws 60th, visited the sister in law on her stop over at Southampton.  She is currently working as a photographer on cruise ship and having an amazing time. My friend also visited from Singapore and more recently has told me she is moving back for good next year having been abroad working since 2009.

Finally that brings us to December.  Papa penguin went away for a few days (was not so cheerful about that) but it made me realise how grateful I am for him being such a great husband and an amazing father.  We had a wonderful Christmas.  First celebrating it at my mums at the weekend, then having it at home with the in laws.  I made way too much food (deliberately) so we've had lots of yummy left overs. Best being the turkey, ham and stuffing pie I made yesterday.  Looking forward to turkey curry tonight!  Best part of Christmas has been toddler penguin repeating the story of Santa coming down the chimney and watching him open all his presents.  He was definitely spoiled but I'm an only child so I can't complain!

We are celebrating our 2 year anniversary on New Year's Eve by going out for dinner tomorrow night. Baby penguin is still exclusively breast fed and has still not been offered a bottle so will be coming with us as toddler penguin is going to spend the night at his Granny's.  

Roll on 2013, no more babies or house moves but looking forward to seeing the kids grow.  I'm also going to be training to become a childminder so I look forward to getting the house ready for my Ofstead inspection.

Hope everyone has had a fabulous Christmas and Happy New Year ! x

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful year you have had, thansk for sharing, lovely to get to know you a bit more.

    I am serioulsy envious of yoru beautiful kitchen.

    Happy new year, Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year you've had, and congratulations on the arrival of your daughter this year. My second son was born not long before her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous year, I do hope it continues into 2013! Happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous year - I especially love how you look on the good side of things ( redundancy = not needing to work for a year)

    ReplyDelete