Thursday, 10 January 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful


I've struggled today to think of reasons as I am sooooo tired! Baby penguin has been up all night for the last two nights with really bad wind! 
She did however do a massive poo this morning in our bed which went EVERYWHERE so I'm hoping tonight will be better. This did coincide with her having a massive bottle of expressed milk before bed. She took her first bottle Tuesday night aged 12 weeks, I was so worried she wouldn't having been only breastfed but she did and didn't bat an eyelid!  Now fingers crossed she sleeps well tonight!

Luckily toddler penguin aged 33 months still has a nap in the middle of the day so I've managed to squeeze in a half hour nap which has help the bags under my eye lids loads!

Saturday my mum (grandma penguin) celebrated her 60th birthday!  She wasn't planning much except a trip to an open mic night at a pub near our home town (we've both moved away from there since).  So   I surprised her with a visit with a few of my mates and I really think she was shocked....in a good way as there were tears to prove it!  Mummy I love you and you don't look 60 at all !
Our new bed arrived today and I can't wait to put it together.  However we still need to buy a mattress.  We decided to get a king size now we have 2 kids to share it with!  When we got married two years ago we received a king duvet and some bed linen as presents so can't wait to get them out. Its called Ivory Atlantis by Bentley Designs and we would love to get the matching furniture but can't afford it.  I want to redecorate our bedroom so this is a good start.  Just need to go mattress shopping!

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your mum! She looks fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your mum she does look amazing...I hope your Little one has a much better sleep and you do too...Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mum really does not look 60! Lovely reasons. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! Thanks everyone!
    It really was an amazing surprise. I love my daughter more than words can say and when she does things like that the love overflows out of my eyes! AND she gave me a beautiful bracelet too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to your mum, she looks amazing..have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a gorgeous looking bed, I'm sure you can't wait to jump in! I have the same problem with my baby girl (re wind) I feel so helpless :0( Here's to a better weeks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your bed looks great! Hope you get more sleep. xxx

    ReplyDelete