Friday, 25 January 2013

Recipe Review - Spring Chicken

This is a review of the BBC Good Food Spring Chicken recipe. It was yummy!  I made this for myself, my mum and my husband and we all readlly enjoyed it.  Its a much better way to serve up what basically is meat, potato, veg and gravy.

It was so easy to make, I do like one pot dishes.  Was cheap as well as I already had the chicken thighs in the freezer so just had to buy the veg.  I used cabbage instead of spring green and 3 tablespoons of Sainsburys Frozen Pesto. This is a fab product to have as a staple ingredient in your freezer.    I also used Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon for the stock - as it has reduced salt.  It is shocking how much salt some stock cubes have in them.



I don't think it looks amazingly colourful but it tastes so fresh and healthy and its the kind of meal that could be eaten no matter what the weather.  Perfect for a winter day but yet I think it would be fantastic in the summer as well.  I would also consider serving this with maybe some garlic bread or a crusty roll but to be honest it is perfect as it is.

2 comments:

  1. Frozen Pesto?? Clever-I can never use up a normal jar before it goes off!

    ReplyDelete