Thursday, 14 March 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful



As I'm writing this the sun is out and it looks gorgeous outside.  Toddler penguin is at nursery and baby penguin is having a catnap. I'm so glad that the snow didn't settle here in Surrey over the past few days, I'm fed up with snow but I am loving this sunshine.  Hope it lasts!

We celebrated papa penguins' 30th birthday at the weekend.  I bought him two tickets to go up The Shard (hope he takes me!) and we visited the in laws (don't forget it was mothers day too) and we had lunch and yummy chocolate and cherry cake.  Can you guess who enjoyed it the most?

We also posed for a family shoot but unfortunately our photographer in the form of papa penguin's aunt didn't have her glasses on and the picture came out a bit blurred!


Potty training is still going really well considering two weeks ago I was ready to give it up!  Toddler penguin is now telling me when he needs potty which I thought we'd never get to.  I'm still putting him on the potty before he gets dressed, before lunch and generally when I think he hasn't been for a while but yesterday we spent the afternoon indoors and whilst baby penguin was having a 3 hour nap we got ALL his toys out!  I completely forgot to ask him about potty but he remembered and told me when he needed to go.  So proud of my little boy!  He is growing up so fast!


8 comments:

  1. yay to the sunshine..The Shard that sounds like a great birthday gift..glad the potty training is going really well..lovely photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potty training is a challenge so well done you. Only one of my three was easy on that score so I know how stressful it can be.
    Sunshine helps so much and I am fed up of seeing snow now.
    The pic may be blurred but it does show a happy family which is a lovely reason to be cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the potty training is going well! I think that is the most challenging aspect of the toddler stage! Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's day and I hope daddy penguin does take you up the Shard, you certainly deserve it! Love the family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. And he's doing really well if you've reached the 'asking for the potty' stage. Well done to you all and a lovely photo too by the way xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Potty training *shudders* it's not easy so I'm glad it's going well for you now! I'd love to go up the shard, hope you have fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too shudder at the memories of potty training so I don't envy you but toddler penguin sounds like he is pretty much there, well done him, and he has got the most gorgeous hair colour ever! My 2 both showed signs of being ginger for their first years but are now just fair - I admit I am disappointed as I would have loved them to be your penguins colour x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the potty training that is a wonderful achievement for him, great news. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend, great family pic x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the potty training is going well! I was pleased the snow didn't settle this way too. Lovely photo

    ReplyDelete