Thursday, 4 April 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful




Gosh this week has been a struggle.  Further to last weeks post where I mentioned that toddler penguin had a shocker cough, it got progressively worse and that evening his temperature reached 39.9 and I was advised to go to hospital by NHS direct. He has been diagnosed with a viral infection and a week later he still has it.  His has been coughing constantly, his nose is streaming and now he has a scab on his upper lip from all the wiping with tissues....at his request. Fingers crossed he is better soon!

So highlights of the week...we went to a local duck race on Saturday, submitted our duck and then toddler penguin asked to go home, so we ended up missing the actual race.  However as I wanted to keep our duck I sent papa penguin back to get it and he managed to catch the end of the race. Sadly we didn't win but it was still good to be a part of a local event.  I even managed to find the time to make an Easter cake!

Best part of the week has to be that on Easter Monday baby penguin rolled!  We also found in a box toddler penguin's old penguin babygrow....couldn't resist putting baby penguin in it!  They will hate me when they are older!

PS loving piZap for my photo collages!

8 comments:

  1. Awww I LOVE that baby grow, how cute! And the duck race sounds like great idea, hehe. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love I that you have a penguin outfit - how cute! The duck race sounds like loads of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures, little cutie. LOVE the idea of the duck race! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw that babygrow is so cute! An yes, he will hate you for it ;-) lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. dead cute outfit! hope toddler gets well soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending get well messages and love the cute outfit and always enjoy a fun duck race at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hope Toddler Penguin gets better very soon lots of get well vibes going his way xx Love love love the outfit! You have those newspaper 'happy 18th' photos sorted then!? haha I also love your Easter cake, ashamed to say i didn't make one this year :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope toddler penguin is OK now, I love babys little penguin suit - super cute. Mich x

    ReplyDelete