Friday, 10 May 2013

Polesden Lacey

Papa penguin and I received National Trust memberships for our 30th birthday from Grandma penguin (my mum) which means we are officially grown up!

I've been to Morden Hall Park outside of Wimbledon quite a few times before having the membership as its free there (fab grounds but not impressed with the quality of the coffee shop) and we've also been to Box Hill (also free) a lot which has amazing views and a lovely tea room which sell very generous portions of scrumptious cake!

This week myself, toddler penguin, baby penguin and a family member we call GUP visited Polesden Lacey as it came highly recommended to us.

Wow the views from the house were breathtaking!  We were so lucky with the weather that we could see for miles and the trees were never ending!  My favourite flowers, tulips, were in full bloom though apparently I'd missed the best bit.  We saw some chickens sitting in a tree and toddler penguin found a scratch and sniff plant (lavendar!).  He evening picked me a daisy to "make mummy look pretty"....bless!

As it wasn't that busy we managed to get a ride in the shuttle bus to the childrens play area which is a fab obstacles course and has chalk growing up through the ground. Toddler penguin doesn't quite have the balance skills having only just turned three to do a lot of it on his own but still had a blast.

Of course we had to stop off at the coffee shop as baby penguin needed a bottle as I needed some cake.   Mmmmm it was yummy and we even managed to sit in the courtyard.

If you are ever in this area then I would definitely recommend visiting.  Next time hopefully I'll be able to look around the house as well as seeing more of the grounds!

Disclaimer: This is my own personal review. I have not been asked to carry out this review nor have I been paid to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment