Thursday, 30 May 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

I don't know how I managed to miss last week's reasons to be cheerful but all of a sudden it was the weekend and I realised I had forgottent to do it. I'm linking up again with Michelle from Mummy from the Heart who is at Butlins this week enjoying herself!

Well it was nice to see the sunshine over the weekend, shame it didn't stay around for long. I had my mum and stepdad to stay and he finished the work to our playroom doing the finishing touches whilst mum and I were doing a spot of shopping.  It looks fab and I am totally in love with it.  Check out my blog post here.

Last weekend we went to Chessington with friends and had an amazing time.  Toddler penguin got a hug from the cast of Madagascar....a dream come true for him.  We actually only live about 15 minutes from Chessington World of Adventures and should really go more often.  I think we'll be considering a Merlin pass in the next year so I can visit weekly!

So its half term this week and although my kiddies aren't at full time school it means that none of my usual playgroups are open, toddler penguin doesn't have nursery and I've had to find other activities to do.  It was nice having papa penguin home on Monday especially as we had some sunshine but its also nice getting him back to work so I can get back to our routine.  Tuesday we chilled out at home sorting the new playroom and in the afternoon we visited a friend.

Yesterday we took the train and a bus (with the double buggy) along with two other friends who also have two kids each all 3 years and under to the Science Museum.  It was hectic but an amazing day out.  The kids were all so well behaved and we didn't manage to lose any!  We survived public transport and the lunch hour rush and explored the lower level "garden" and pattern pod.  The kids loved the bubble show and all the activitivies the museum has to offer.  We didn't make it into the shop.....probably a good thing really!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week. Bank holiday was lovely weather too and glad you lost no one at the science museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're having a brilliant time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good week with lots of reasons to be cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great week. I love Chessington, last time I went, we were having so much fun we didn't even get to the zoo! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fabulous week altogether. Why not contact Chessington and see if you can get a pass in return for blogging

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great week. We've never been to Chessington, might have to give it a go.

    Hopping over from #R2BC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful week! Glad you had a nice time and were able to have some fun days out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the playroom is stunning, you should put your pics on your blog bigger so they are easier for us to see. Mich x

    ReplyDelete