Thursday, 20 June 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

At this precise moment in time I am struggling to think of my reasons to be cheerful as I feel rubbish for making my son cry.  He has a splinter on the heel of his foot which is about a cm long and the area around it is rather red.  I ended up sitting on him to try and get it out and it got to the point where I thought the neighbours might call the police.  I only tried for about 3 minutes but it was 3 minutes of hell and now he is at nursery having fun and I'm at home feeling guilty and sad!  Parenthood eh....noone said it would be easy! Papa penguin can give it a go when he gets home whilst I help myself to a glass of wine!

So to focus on the better things in life.

This week also marks the one year anniversary of my blog. I feel like I have so much more to give in the blogging world and I know I'll get there but I just feel there just aren't enough hours in the day to look after two kids, run a household and update my blog.  I'm happy to continue with my reasons to be cheerful, reviews of products and recipes and my generaly ramblings! I love looking at the stats page and seeing which are my most popular posts.  So far they are the post about our new playroom with the penguin wallpaper, my Ferrero Rocher cupcake recipe and the review of the Lakeland Duo Icing Kit. I've only had between 150-200 views of these posts which might be little compared to some people but it makes me feel loved haha!

We spent the weekend at my mums celebrating her one year anniversary to my stepdad.  She put on a fab spread and I put on 6lbs!  Food was so good and the puddings were even better.  Wish I had taken more pictures! I did manage to catch this one of toddler penguin building a tower for baby penguin to knock over. I love it when they play nicely together....hope it lasts!

8 comments:

  1. Aw I hate it when I have to do the crappy stuff like that too! He'll be ok I'm sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bloggerversary! I get excited with my stats too even if they are miniscule compared to many bloggers but I love that people are interested enough to read my ramblings. Cute pic of the little penguins :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have two beautiful children. I bet he has forgotten about the splinter already. Happy anniversary to your blog. sounds like it is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww we have all had to do stuff like that for the good of the child, especially with splinters and stuff. Dont feel guilty, its just one of those things that has to be done. Happy Blogaversary! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute photo. Happy bloggoversary - i totally empathise with the 'not enough hours in the day' - I feel like there are so many things to juggle and blogging is one that just can't take priority over the kids and everything else - but at the same time, i want to record the special stuff for them to look back on. So it feels like a constant juggle / balancing act. Have a good weekend and I hope that splinter gets sorted out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo of your 2 little ones. I hope your mums anniversary was great :-) also hope the splinter has been sorted xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww poor Penguin. I hate to see my baby hurt and upset. She's really been suffering with nappy rash this week and it always breaks my heart to see her so upset.
    Sounds like I'd have enjoyed your mum and stepdad's anniversary do :-)
    Happy Blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy bloggerversary, I hope your little one is all mended by now. Mich x

    ReplyDelete