Wednesday, 26 June 2013

The Gallary - Green


TheGalleryThis weeks theme from Sticky Fingers is Green.

I am spoilt for choice this week as Green is my favourite colour (along with purple). We have a green lounge, our tiles in the kitchen are green, toddler penguin's bedroom is green, our bridesmaids wore green and our towels are green (and purple). Toddler penguin wears a lot of green as it really suits his bright red hair.

As per last week I want to share two of my favourite pictures with this weeks theme.

The first is one that papa penguin took about 8 years ago when he first got the photography bug.  We've since had it blown up and it now is displayed above the fire place in the lounge. I don't know why I love this picture as dandelions are considered weeds.  However a friend recently pointed out that weeds are only unwanted plants in the wrong place.  I find dandilions quite impressive and up until last year didn't realise the yellow dandilions were the same as the white fluffy ones.  I've seen a you tube video of the transformation process and its pretty impressive.

My second photo I want to share is of toddler penguin in his green sweater picking daisies on the green grass at Bluestone in Wales. There is a picture of myself like this as a toddler and just the innocence in it melts my heart!





10 comments:

  1. I love how your toddler is so fascinated with what he's found. Lovely green top too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my best friend's fav ciolour is green also!
    the dandelion phoot is lovely but the one of your son looking so intrigued by that daisy is just so sweet and as you say full of inncoence and wonder x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love the dandelion and your son is a precious photo ~ Happy Day to you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bottom photo is so adorable it made me "Awwww' out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. You have a gorgeous little boy!

    Herding Cats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toddler penguin is very cute indeed - and I can see why you've had the top picture blown up, it's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obviously I'm biased because he's my grandson, but he is such a lovely and intelligent and thoughtful little chap. He does that with most things... really looks at them carefully to see all parts of them. He's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two very adorable photos, especially toddler penguin. Don't worry you are not alone in your love for Dandelions, I think they are fab too x

    ReplyDelete