Thursday, 18 July 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful



We went to a wedding at the weekend on what was possibly the hottest day in the year so far!  It was an amazing day.  The ceremony was in a beautiful church and the reception held on the grounds at a local boys prep school.  We only took toddler penguin who was an angel and managed at 3 years old to last just about to midnight! Food was amazing.  Lots of champagne flowing, only 2 glasses for me as I decided to drive and lots of dancing.  Well not from papa penguin or my step dad who definitely had their fair share of booze! Still it was an amazing day....I surely do love a good wedding!

My second reason, and also a reason to not providing a picture for the above is that I have a new Macbook Pro and love love love it!  I haven't transferred my pictures over yet.  My old macbook doesn't work unless its plugged into the wall and its overheats just too much to the point where its burning my hands from touching the keyboard.  Just way too hot for this weather!  I've only had this new one since Tuesday and just can't stop looking at it.

My third reason and one I can provide a photo too is that yesterday our sunflower finally bloomed!  I planted the seeds back in March and its amazing how one is taller than the others.  Sadly slugs for to two of them but at least one stands tall and proud!  Toddler penguin gets very sleeping around 430pm so I get him to water the plants just to give him a burst of energy and stop him from falling asleep.  He loves doing it, especially in his wellies as he gets to jump in muddy puddles afterwards!
My final reason is that I won Ojo's World raffle on her facebook page.  I'm super excited as I've never won anything before....not even the lottery.  She is going to make me something which is amazing as I love homemade items!  

8 comments:

  1. Lots of good reasons for you this week! Cute pic of toddler penguin in his wellies! Lucky you for getting a new laptop, I love my macbook too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh the pressures on for me!! haha (I have a design in mind shhhh ;-))
    Love your flower! mine haven't got that far yet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought having Mummy down for a few days would be a reason to be cheerful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OoOoo new macbook :D Lovely!
    Fab reasons to be cheerful, love the pic xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sunflowers for us this year but the kids always love doing them and are so proud when they bloom. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All really great reasons to be happy! I'm here from the Reasons to be Cheerful linky, and I saw the gorgeous photo you uploaded of your sunflower, which looks amazing, and your toddler, who reminds me so much of my redhead when he was tiny :) So you made me smile also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reasons. Love the sunflower photo. lts fab seeing kids involved in gardening, they love it dont they x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love your photo. It's the perfect picture for Mich's linky. #hugesmileonmyface

    ReplyDelete