Thursday, 25 July 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful



I'm so glad it has rained.  I love the freshness in the air now and it certainly feels less humid than last week.

At the weekend we went to Greenwich Park for a picnic as it was my friends 30th birthday.  She was born in the year of the pig so had some really cute piggy cupcakes. Her brother in law took these pictures of toddler penguin and I couldn't help but share!

Monday the kids and I went to RHS Wisley on what was the hottest day of the year so far.  I met up with some friends but we all had to escape back to our air conditioned cars just after lunch.  It was just too hot. The kids didn't seem to mind though and were still running around with not a care in the world! Wisley were showing a WI Scarecrow trail which was very bizarre.  They had a few strictly come dancing characters and a few randoms that I didn't have a clue what they were.  Here's an example.  Also a pic of sweaty baby penguin sporting her new dress from H&M!

Finally my last reason I'm cheerful is that I'm back on the pill!  Weird reason I know but gosh my skin is a state!  I had baby penguin in October, finished breastfeeding in May.  Got my first period end of June and then have had to wait for another one in order to start taking the pill, which I got last night!  Apart from the contraceptive reasons of the pill, I like to take it as it stops me from getting spots and makes my period less heavy and practically pain free.  In the last month my skin has got more and more greasy every day and lots count of the blemishes I keep getting.  I hope that being back on the pill will sort it out!


On another note they have issued new guidelines about taking the pill.  I'm on Yasmin but it works for others as well.  Instead of taking a 21 pill packet and then having a 7 day break.  New guidelines tell you to 3 packs of 21 pills in a row and then have only a 4 day break before starting another 3 packs.  Weird but I won't complain as thats only 4 periods in a year instead of the normal 12!  What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. Well...it's a long and distant memory...but when I had my hysterectomy I DID NOT miss having periods! They have gotta be the worst thing for women!!!!
    Lovely pics, wish I had come to the picnic now!
    Missing you all!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby had the snip so I don't take anything, i do miss being able to skip a monthly though x

    (ps. Thanks to school hols, sewing is at a bit of a standstill, but I haven't forgotten you xx)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a bit too hot hasn't it! Must look into going to Wisley sometime x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics of the kids, love baby penguins dress!
    I have a coil so I haven't had a period in donkeys years and I love it! That's a reason to be cheerful right there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fact that pills are featuring as an R2BC, I'd quite happily never have a period again! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive been sterilised, but I'd love not to have periods...Bliss! Gorgeous photos x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos as usual, looks like a nice day out :) Ah the pill, I sort of like mine sort of don't it does what is says on the tin (so far lol!) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post! And lovely reasons. Beautiful photos :) x

    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures of your gorgeous kids! Oh I would so love to fall pregnant again ~ although it is a bit of a problem cos I haven't got any eggs left!! It sucks being old! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. After having my 2 boys my periods have been really heavy & giving me terrible hormones! Tried the pill for a couple of years but not much improvement appart from being able to control when i had them. Had a coil fitted last month & so far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww such cute pics. Love Baby P's dress. Oh and those cupcakes!
    Re birth control, I had the Norplant implant and it was horrendous, I had such violent side effects, think PMT times 1000! Since then had Depo injections. Not made the decision what to do since Little Lady was born though and I really should, so thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy memory-making and what cute cupcakes!
    Looks like you share in a very honest way so I need to visit you more often

    ReplyDelete