Wednesday, 10 July 2013

The Gallary - Sun



TheGallery
This weeks theme from Sticky Fingers is Sun.

We've certainly been spoilt for sunshine this last week haven't we. I stupidly got sunburnt on Friday and my back is still sore but I won't complain as I don't want the sunshine to go away.  I'd like it to be a bit cooler, maybe a bit more wind but I shall enjoy it whilst it lasts.


I took this picture on Saturday whilst visiting RHS Hyde Hall with some friends.  Toddler penguin has just fed the fishes at the pond and baby penguin is chilling out and watching the world go by.  I love how this picture captures not only her toes but also toddler penguin licking his lips, the sunshade, his sun hat and then everything in the background.  The lily pads on the pond showing the reflection of the gorgeous blue sky. All the individual reeds growing on the bank and finally the green grass in the background....yes it really is that green!





6 comments:

  1. I like the refection's on the pond.Thankfully I have managed to avoid sunburn so far x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely shot. That's the trouble with being a mum, we're so busy making sure everyone else is covered with sunscreen and hats that we forget ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture, so glad we have a bit of sunshine to enjoy at last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no not dreaded sunburn!! hope it heals quickly. Loving the picture xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the toes in the sunshine! Lovely photo. #TheGallery

    ReplyDelete