Friday, 9 August 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful



With no holiday this week, no nursery and no playgroups this is the first week I've had to find things to do.  Today is Friday and we are staying home today as I am shattered!

I have decided that I love where I live, there is so much to do within an hours commute!

Monday we visited National Trust's Claremont Landscape Gardens and saw the birds of prey displays.

Tuesday we visited a friend in Wimbledon town centre, did some shopping and then checked out a new soft play at the YMCA.  We got the train as I thought that would be more fun for toddler penguin than sitting in a car and getting stuck in traffic!

Wednesday we went to Tilgate Park in Crawley near Gatwick Airport with some playgroup mums.  Had a great day at at just £3 for parking and we did the Nature Centre which a bit like a farm for another £3.

Finally yesterday I met a friend and her baby at Hyde Park.  We met in the Diana, Princess Of Wales Memorial Playground in Kensington Gardens and then walked to Hyde Park and stopped off at the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Walk where we had a picnic, chatted and walked in the stream. It was a effort to get there bearing in mind I have a phil and teds double buggy so had to get a train to a station that had a lift, then 2 buses then walk.  I treated myself to new sunglasses as I'd left mine at home and oh the worst part of the day..... we lost (or it was stolen) toddler penguins micro scooter. But I won't bring our sadness over that onto this cheerful post!

After 4 days of being out I'm looking forward to spending today at home.  Papa penguin has been working away all week and is working the weekend too (he got a promotion and a big fat pay rise last week so hopefully this is just whilst he settles into his new role) so I have my friends coming over Saturday for a mini afternoon tea!  Can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. Yep, I'm ready for a chill-out day at home tomorrow too. I hope yours is good. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, all in all, a pretty good week for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reasons. Have a fab weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only just seen this. My word you've been busy! Wish I had your energy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I love your posts. I have tagged you in a post xxhttp://silvermachine78.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete