Monday, 16 September 2013

Weekly Meal Plan - September 16th

This is a bit of a boring week as papa penguin is out two nights and we're busy over the weekend.  So this week I shall be saving money and using up whatever I can find in the fridge, freezer and cupboards.

Tonight I'm going to be making inside out chicken kiev's. This is a really simple recipe....after flattening some chicken breasts with a hammer/rolling pin, you chuck them under the grill for 10 minutes.  Take them out, turn them over and spread with goats cheese and a pre made mix of garlic, garlic and more garlic and some parsley.  Then sprinkle some breadcrumbs over them and put them back under the grill for 10 minutes.  Serve with potatoes and veggies.

I'll shall update this post throughout the week as to what else I shall be making!  

Toddler penguin will be easy over the next few days has he has a cough and cold and never eats when he is ill.  So he'll be getting things like eggy bread, few nuggets and mash potato!

Tuesday's update: Tonight the toddler penguin and I had chipolatas and baked beans.  He had his with a potato waffle and I had new potatoes left over from Monday night.  Baby penguin started off with salmon and potato puree but ended up eating/throwing on the floor one of my sausages and a few of my baked beans!

Wednesday's update: Papa penguin and I had pitta pizzas.  You spread tomato puree on your pitta bread, add chopped peppers, tomatoes and salami and I added feta to mine and cheddar to his.  Kids had pasta twirls in tomato sauce.  I freeze batches of  vegetable pasta sauce in ice cubes then just defrost a couple in the microwave to serve.

Thursday's update: We had a yummy pork, mange tout, asparagus stir fry in oyster sauce served with rice.  Toddler penguin had turkey dinosaurs, peas and a potato waffle

2 comments: