Thursday, 10 October 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful



I didn't write anything last week.  Its not that I wasn't cheerful for anything as I just have to look at my kiddies and husband to know that I am!  Its more that I wasn't inspired to write anything that would interest anyone!

So this week I'm cheerful because I am calm!  Calm?  Yes calm!  It is baby penguins 1st birthday next week and we are holding a little (well over 30 people) gathering on Sunday for her and I'm relatively calm about it!  Maybe its because my mum is coming to stay or that I have just finally got organised since my previous post and my new full time role as a housewife/mum and part time childminder.

I started work this week.  I pick up a 7 year old from school 3 times a week at 315pm.  We get home at about 330pm.  He has a snack at 4pm and is picked up by 5pm.  Its easy work and he is a lovely little boy. Its not bringing in many pennies but its the experience that counts!

I have been getting instagram happy the last few weeks.  Come and follow me!

I ventured out on Saturday night for a friends 30th surprise birthday party.  It was really great to have a night out, it had been a while!  I made the mistake of not eating before I got there so by 10pm I was feeling erm a little pissed and my belly was rumbling so can you believe it I got a macdonalds!  Haha it was actually really nice.....maybe that was the alcohol talking!  Anyway my present to the birthday boy was a cake! I think it went down well and turned out better than expected!


11 comments:

  1. Being calm is a great reason to be cheerful! And I am very impressed by your cake decorating skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 people coming to your house and you are calm... wow, way to go. Have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I'm surprised how calm I managed to stay....till the night before!

      Delete
  3. I hope you keep calm! you're a braver woman than me lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is this word calm? sounds a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake looks fantastic! happy Birthday to baby Penguin x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed the night out, the cake looks great.
    Good luck with Baby Penguin's party, for Little Lady's 1st we had a BBQ, was a good day and not too much stress.
    Happy Birthday Baby Penguin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We put the bbq on....under the gazebo as it was pouring down with rain all day! I wish I had a summer baby!

      Delete
  7. I love your cake it's fab. Glad you had a good night and found some reasons this week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab reasons :)
    That cake is amazing!!! xx

    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete