Friday, 3 January 2014

Friday's Product of the Week - Christmas Cards

I know it is silly to have a Christmas Card as a product of the week in January but I'll explain why.

As we approach the 6th January and with a busy weekend instore I've been taking down all the decorations as and when I can.  Last night were the Christmas Cards.

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone that sent me a Christmas card, including all the children at toddler penguin's nursery who I've never met but sent him one.  I love receiving Christmas cards and I actually enjoy writing them.

Secondly I'd like to apologise to those of you who sent me a card and realise what I do with them.  Hope you don't mind but we're all for recycling here in this household!

Here are all our cards piled on the table.
I then put on the tele with papa penguin, got the scissors out and cut them up to make gift cards.

I spilt them into two piles.  One for large presents and one for small presents.

Now I never need gift cards again.  They will then go in the Christmas box for next year.  I can either just use a bit of tape to stick the on like a flap or using a hole punch make a hole for a bit of ribbon.

5 comments:

  1. I did that the other day with some of our cards. Is very handy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, Lara, that you stole that idea from Mummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did this when we were younger with my mum! Loved her old heavy pinking shears!

      Delete
  3. Very 1970's/80's - my mum used to do that with us and I did it this year - use pinking shears for maximum effect though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinking shears is such a good idea....I have some in my sewing box but prefer to keep them for fabric only! Think I'll have to look out for some for card use!

      Delete