Friday, 17 January 2014

Friday's Product of the Week - Silicone Ice Trays



My product of the week are these silicone ice trays made by Zeal.

I originally bought these when pureeing baby food to freeze. It is such a good idea to make a batch of pureed veg or fruit and freeze individually.  That way when it comes to serving babies food you can choose a stick of say pureed carrots, another of some swede and maybe a stick of parsnip to make a tasty nutritious meal at short notice.  It is also handy for making a pureed fruit salad.  You can puree some pear, apple, mango and papaya all individually and then defrost of stick of each together for a lovely dessert.


My kids are now 1 and 3 years old so no need for pureeing however I regularly make a batch of pasta sauce and freeze it in these ice trays.  Then at dinner time all I need to do is put some pasta on, take a couple of sticks out of the freezer and zap them in the microwave.  You can make the pasta sauce with lots of vegetables before zapping in the food processor. I also free bolognese in these trays as they take up less space in the freezer than freezer pots in premade portion sizes. Voila a healthy meal in just a few minutes. Happy freezing!
Disclaimer: This is my own personal review and I have received no payment for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment