Wednesday, 22 January 2014

The Gallery - Something Beautiful


TheGallery
The theme for this weeks Gallery over at Sticky Fingers is Something Beautiful.

I'm very sad to say that I lost my Grandad just over two weeks ago. It is his funeral on Friday and I'd like to share these two photos of my Grandad and my Gran on their wedding day.

My Gran passed away on her 80th Birthday five years ago.  My Grandad was 88 years old and two days.

They got married in August 1948 and what I like about these photos is the look on my Grandad's face.  He certainly was a beautiful handsome man and he looks so chuffed.  The second photo makes me smile so much and he just looks so happy bless him!







5 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss xx
    Thanks for sharing your photos, they look genuinely happy on their Wedding Day. Both sets of my Grandparents are dead now but it's nice to be able to still remember how happy they were when they were alive. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. They are really gorgeous photos you have to look back on and what lovely pictures to talk about with your children and remember what fabulous people they were x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss. These are wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he does look very very happy with his lot indeed. what a beautiful bouquet too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandparents are such a special part of our lives, sorry that you've had such bad news. He does look extremely pleased with himself. #ThePhotoGallery

    ReplyDelete