Tuesday, 18 February 2014

My two weeks without sugar!

Yeah my two weeks without refined sugar has finally come to an end!

How did I do?  I think I did pretty good considering the addiction I had to start with! 

I'll admit I've had one cake.  That was a week into my ban and my friends who were supposed to be doing it with me bought me a lemon drizzle cake at 10am in the morning.  It was an expensive cake and in my opinion rude to not accept.  However I realised didn't fancy cake at 10am so I saved it for the afternoon.  Pre the sugar ban I would've gulped it down without thinking!

I'll also admit I had a bar of chocolate one week and one day into the ban.  I had a very stressful day and a really bad headache which the evil chocolate demons in my head were making worse.  I caved.  However I switched the tele off. Sat on the sofa and enjoyed each mouthful.  Previously I would wolf the chocolate bar down and without realising it would all be gone! So haha I would have another.  Actually its not funny it was that behaviour that made me give up the chocolate and biscuits in the first place.

One more confession....I had one smartie off toddler penguins cookie in a coffee shop on Saturday.  I ate it without realising but I won't let that get to me.

In fact I am really proud of how well I did.  And along with calorie counting I lost 3.5lbs!  I was 10st 8.5oz to begin with and this morning I weighed 10st 5oz.

What have I learnt? I have learnt that I can survive without chocolate and biscuits.  I now have a teaspoon on honey on my porridge instead of 4 teaspoons of sugar.  I have realised that I can get through the morning till lunch without biscuits.  Now I still crave something sweet after lunch and dinner so after lunch I've been having some fruit and after dinner a soya yoghurt.

Where will I go from here? I watched my friend today snack snack snack! Its what I used to do.  However she is a personal trainer and is constantly active.  I've realised that if I have a busy day, lots of walking or I partake in any form of exercise then I will allow myself a treat.  But I will most likely save my treat for either my 3pm munchies or after dinner. I don't believe in restricting anything just everything in moderation!

No comments:

Post a Comment