Wednesday, 12 March 2014

The Gallery - Yellow



TheGallery
The theme for this weeks Gallery over at Sticky Fingers is Yellow.

My blog is called The Organised Penguin because I love penguins and generally am considered to be quite organised.  However it could also have been called The Organised Rubber Duck because well I have a small collection of rubber ducks.

The first picture I wish to share is of one of the larger ducks I own!  Baby penguin is about 6 months old here and the ducks head is almost the same size as her head!


The second picture I share is not of the yellow theme but it will lead us there!  Every year around Easter a village near me hold an annual duck race.  You buy your duck and have the option to personalise it.

Toddler penguin decorated his as spider duck.  He was very poorly this day but had been so eager to go.


The ducks are all put together and are judged for best duck by an adult and best by a child before being emptied into a nearby river. Can you spot spider duck (bottom basket!)

The ducks take about 15 minutes to reach the finishing line.  Last year was the first year the river had enough water.  Gosh knows what it will be like this year after all the rain we've had!

Loads of local companies support the duck race and offer prizes and all the ducks are collected from the river and the bankside and laid out for you to collect your duck (that is a mission in itself) but I love the photo below of all the ducks floating around having reached the finish line!








6 comments:

  1. A rubber duck of course, a great yellow. We have a Scout duck race just like this at Easter too, lots of fun and a great fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha that is such a great take on the theme. Loving the first photo, so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!! My social media avatar is a giant duck. I have a bit of a collection going on too! Great to discover your blog via The Gallery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I love ducks too - fed up of the usual status presents given to the school teacher I gave Pickle's teacher a roman duck for christmas as they were studying Romans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Rubber ducks are rather fab, what cool designs! #theGallery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these shots are wonderful! I love that great big rubber ducky!
    Won't you come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/french-corner-bakery.html

    ReplyDelete