Sunday, 11 May 2014

Me Time

Further to a previous posts I decided that I need to make more time for myself.

Me Time - Oxford Dictionary definition:
Time spent relaxing on one’s own as opposed to working or doing things for others, seen as an opportunity to reduce stress or restore energy


So I had a bath!

I don't normally enjoy baths.  I like the idea of them however having a bath can actually be quite time consuming. I like to have the water quite hot. Between 40-41°C. I also feel like I need to make full use of the water as I like them to be deep.  Therefore I can be in there for about 30-45 minutes.  I just don't have that kind of time on my side.  However one night this I was cooking a chicken korma, hoovering and then trying to steam mop all at once.  I tripped over the steam mop as I noticed the rice was bubbling over. And I broke it. Frustration! I had lost my appetite and decided that I needed to chill. Hence the bath.

I really enjoyed my bath.  I don't think I'll be doing it every week but its a nice place to disappear to when you fill like everything is on top of you.  I turned the lights off, lit lots of candles and read my book.  I'm reading Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan. I love her range of little shop books! So the next night I went to bed at 9pm and read some more!

I've decided to make space once a week for me.  Just me!  That means no housework. No cleaning. Nothing.  A bath.  A book.  A magazine. Just me me me me me!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment