Monday, 22 September 2014

Weekly Meal Plan



Wow I haven't posted a meal plan in a very very very long time.  I have still been meal planning, just not publicly!  And maybe going into a bit more detail than others!

I use an iPad app called Menu Planner developed by InnovaDev.  To go into details about this is a whole other post, but for now I'll just let you know that my main reasons are for using it is that I can duplicate meal plans, add recipes from the internet or my own and add items to a shopping basket so it allows me to easily update my shopping list for my online grocery shop.

So some of you may know that I am a childminder and including my own children I have 6 kiddies that need feedings.  I have set up a two week rolling menu plan for lunches, dinners and after school snacks and I'll elaborate on this at some point.

In my app view this is my detailed weekly meal plan.


For those that can't view the image this is how my evening meals are planned for this week:
Monday: Kids Chicken and Ham Pie (left over from the weekend)
Adults Creamy ham, leek & mushroom spaghetti
Tuesday: Kids Pasta with tomato sauce

Grown ups Leftovers out of the freezer
Wednesday: Kids Salmon, new potatoes and peas
Grown ups Leftovers out of the freezer again - our freezer is full of chilli, spag bol, risotto
Thursday: Kids Chicken Nuggets, Waffles & Sweetcorn
Grown ups I'm out for papa penguin can help himself to the freezer
Friday: Kids Chicken Korma and Rice

Grown ups Same as the kids!



Meal Planning Monday

1 comment: