Friday, 23 January 2015

Reasons to be Cheerful

Buttons!  Blue penguin can finally do buttons!  Aged 4 years and 9 months there is no more screaming at the top of stairs "MUMMY CAN YOU HELP ME DO MY BUTTONS!" I myself having been telling him to get dressed for the last five minutes whilst I rush around upstairs making beds, getting myself ready, folding laundry etc and he finally decides to get dressed as I go downstairs which means two minutes later I'm running back up them to do buttons! I bought him two pairs of button up pj's in the john lewis sale so I think they've helped teach him.


I took blue penguin out of school today for an eye check up at the hospital.  It was a 1120am appointment and last time we were there for 3 hours.  So we turned up with packed lunch, were seen within 25 minutes and apparently his squint has improved a little since wearing glasses. Such good news, maybe he won't have to wear glasses forever after all (but you can tell in the above picture that he still has a lazy eye).  On the car drive home to drop papa penguin, pink penguin fell asleep so he took her indoors and I left them taking blue penguin to school.  It was their lunch time when we got there and as he had already eaten I treated him to a milkshake and brownie at the village cafe. Usually I have 3 little ones with me during the day so it was soooo nice to just sit in the cafe with just my son giving him my full attention. 


I feel I need to write about pink penguin but to be honest she is currently going through that I don't want to nap but can't quite make it to the end of the day without having many major breakdowns, however it does mean that when the other kids I look after are napping I get to spend an hour with her. I'll admit Wednesday she sat in front of the ipad whilst I baked and prepared dinner but she was happy and I was happy!  The other two days we red and practised our colours!  She knows quite a few now but always gets stuck on green! Here she is, wearing a hat indoors!

1 comment:

  1. great news on his squint and 1:1 time. Love the way kids wear hats indoors so cute

    ReplyDelete